The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies is seeking a motivated financial planning professional to work in the areas of budgeting and forecasting. The successful candidate will have substantial expertise with Excel modeling (at least 3-5 years modeling at project, company, and group levels in a multi-company environment) and be able to drive the forecasting process with senior stakeholders across the group.
• Business partner with the MAPS Group teams, assisting with planning, variance analysis and any necessary scenario planning.
• Assist in the monthly Management Reporting process, including comparing actuals against plan as well as preparation of the monthly review package.
• Perform detailed review of financial results and provide written explanation of variances to forecast/budget and future risks and opportunities.
• Prepare financial packages (monthly, budget strategic plan) including detailed schedules on financial results and key financial metrics.
• Forecast expense and balance sheet activity thru the use of, enhancement to and development of excel based models.
• Involvement in the contract review process for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation and MAPS Europe contracts, including analyzing contract terms as well as any variance against budgetary assumptions.
• Assist in the development of the annual operating plan, periodic forecasts and variance analysis against plans.
• Participate in the preparation of presentations to support meetings with the Board of Directors & Sr. Management.
• Proactively identify opportunities for change and process improvement and implement and document the same.
• Ensure proper controls are in place over processes to consistently deliver high-quality, accurate output.
• Provide support, analysis and model development on an as needed basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires a Bachelors’ degree in business, finance, or accounting, or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• 3-5 years’ experience; related industry (Non-Profit and Clinical Research) experience a plus.
• Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
• Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
• Ability to interact with all disciplines & levels of employees.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position by sending their resume to email@example.com