MAPS advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
The MAPS Group consists of a parent non-profit with 24 staff focused on fundraising, public education, advocacy, psychedelic harm reduction and operations, as well as several wholly-owned for-profit drug development subsidiary organizations with a combined additional 30 employees. These subsidiary organizations, the MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) and MAPS Europe, are conducting clinical research to develop psychedelics and cannabis into regulatory-approved medications in the U.S., Europe, and globally. Pending Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA) approval, these medications would be sold by MAPS’ subsidiary organizations by prescription with all profits used in furtherance of MAPS’ mission.
Job Description: Outreach and Sales Coordinator
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for the functions of the MAPS online store, sales platforms, and associated projects. The perfect candidate is an excellent communicator, problem-solver, is patient and detail-oriented, focuses on maximizing efficiency and profit margins, and is capable of working in a fast-paced and collaborative office environment. This position is a full-time responsibility with 40 hours per week (overtime non-exempt) from Monday-Friday (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) at the MAPS office in Santa Cruz, California. MAPS offers a SEP-IRA retirement plan, ongoing training opportunities, and an annual salary of $45,000 with benefits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation of ongoing and new product sales projects
- Supports unique sales-related projects such as new publications, product launches, materials for events, and distribution services
- Hosts tables at MAPS events as needed
- Coordinates marketing schedules for product promotions and sales events with internal marketing and events teams
- Provides quarterly, bi-annual, and ongoing sales reporting
- Coordinates product photography for marketing efforts
- Handles new and current wholesale and consignment accounts
- Responds to customer service inquiries and feedback
- Maintains inventory and company storage spaces
- Fulfills orders and donation gift requests
- Supervises volunteers as needed
- Assists with other projects as requested
- 3+ years of experience in sales and customer service
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs including a high proficiency with Excel
- Proficiency with other programs including but not limited to Macintosh operating system, Sharepoint, Asana, and familiarization with non-profit or for-profit CRM systems.
- Diversity training or applicable experience, demonstrating cultural intelligence and sensitivity
Other Desired or Required Skills
- 2+ years experience in Salesforce or WooCommerce
- Trauma-informed communication training or applicable experience.
- High level of organization and ability to balance multiple projects
- Excellent self-driven time management skills
- Experience coordinating and supervising volunteers
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly via phone for scheduling interviews.