July 13, 2001
2001 MDMA Literature Review (PDF, 4.2 MB)
Updates are intended to keep the literature review current by providing summaries of all papers that discuss MDMA or ecstasy, with a focus on human clinical trials and studies in ecstasy users. All updates include summaries of original research and reviews of studies conducted in humans, in vitro and in non-human animals published in English-language peer-reviewed journals.
Further information about these papers can be found in the MAPS MDMA Bibliography. You can check out new citations, reviews and summaries at www.maps.org/sys/w3pbu.pl.
We welcome any comments or suggestions you might have about the MDMA literature updates. We are interested in what you find most and least helpful about this site, suggestions for improving content or site format, and any indications of how you use this site. Send comments to Ilsa@maps.org. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Study of MDMA in People with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
MDMA Research Around the World
MAPS Bibliography Bibliography, What’s New
- MDMA Literature Review Update #1 (1/20/03)
- MDMA Literature Review Update #2 (7/16/04)
- MDMA Literature Review Update #3 (4/25/05)
- MDMA Literature Review Update #4 (12/07) – New, with major revisions and reformatting
- 2008 Year-end Review of Literature (12/02/08)
- 2009 Year-end Review of Literature (3/28/2010)