Sponsors: European Commission; Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research
Investigators: Johannes G. Ramaekers PhD; Kim P.C. Kuypers PhD
Randomized, double-blind within-subjects studies compared MDMA with placebo, methylphenidate (Ritalin) or ethanol in performance tests of impulsivity, visual and verbal memory, skills related to driving a car and actual driving acutely and 24 hours after drug administration.
- Bosker WM, Kuypers KP, Conen S, Kauert GF, Toennes SW, Skopp G, Ramaekers JG (2011) MDMA (ecstasy) effects on actual driving performance before and after sleep deprivation, as function of dose and concentration in blood and oral fluid. Psychopharmacology (Berl).
- Bosker WM, Kuypers KP, Conen S, Ramaekers JG (2010) Dose-related effects of MDMA on psychomotor function and mood before, during, and after a night of sleep loss. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 209:69-76.
- Kuypers KP, Ramaekers JG (2005) Transient memory impairment after acute dose of 75mg 3.4-Methylene-dioxymethamphetamine. J Psychopharmacol 19:633-639.
- Kuypers KP, Ramaekers JG (2007) Acute dose of MDMA (75 mg) impairs spatial memory for location but leaves contextual processing of visuospatial information unaffected. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:557-563.
- Kuypers KP, Samyn N, Ramaekers JG (2006) MDMA and alcohol effects, combined and alone, on objective and subjective measures of actual driving performance and psychomotor function. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 187:467-475.
- Kuypers KP, Wingen M, Ramaekers JG (2008) Memory and mood during the night and in the morning after repeated evening doses of MDMA. J Psychopharmacol 22:895-903.
- Kuypers KP, Wingen M, Samyn N, Limbert N, Ramaekers JG (2007) Acute effects of nocturnal doses of MDMA on measures of impulsivity and psychomotor performance throughout the night. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 192:111-119.
- Ramaekers JG, Kuypers KP (2006) Acute effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) on behavioral measures of impulsivity: alone and in combination with alcohol. Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1048-1055.
- Ramaekers JG, Kuypers KP, Samyn N (2006) Stimulant effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) 75 mg and methylphenidate 20 mg on actual driving during intoxication and withdrawal. Addiction (Abingdon, England) 101:1614-1621.