Psychedelic medicine wouldn’t be anywhere without people like you — the community members and donors who have supported MAPS’ work since 1986. When were founded, only a small group of people bought into the idea that MDMA — or any psychedelic — might be a medicine or wellness tool. After two decades of research, education, and advocacy, one in three Americans agrees with us.
If you’re visiting this page, you understand how important it is that we have honest, meaningful conversations with the two in three Americans who don’t yet understand that psychedelics, with appropriate harm reduction tools in place, can be important tools for healing, wellness, spiritual experiences, and even connection.
On this page, we’ve curated resources and developed tools you can use to host a How To Change Your Mind watch party with your friends and family, discuss the latest research, and introduce them to MAPS: the leading psychedelic research organization.
Step 1: Always start with a plan.
- Choose a date and time.
- Decide if your watch party will be in-person or virtual.
- Going virtual? Encourage all your guests to watch at the same time, then get together for discussion afterward on ozzo.events, where you can create a free event and your guests can “move around” to socialize.
- In person? Here are some tips for an in-person watch party.
- Invite your friends and family.
- Be sure to include the link to the trailer: https://youtu.be/X8LRb4jfZ9g
- Download any of the images below to use in your invitation.
Step 2: Order your Watch Party Pack
Order a free or premium house party pack with information and party favors for guests, plus special host gifts for you! If you select the premium pack, you’ll also be entered to win a signed copy of Michael Pollan’s How to Change Your Mind!
Step 3: Learn about how minds change
Step 4: Watch Chapter 3: MDMA with your friends
- Queue up episode 3 of How to Change Your Mind on Netflix before your guests arrive.
- Choose and queue up a few of these other videos to share with your guests.
Step 4: Invite your guests to join the MAPS movement!
Help Us Deliver Global Healing
Every dollar that MAPS has raised for psychedelic research and therapy been donated by people like you. Your tax-deductible contributions are what allow MAPS to pursue the important and challenging work of psychedelic research, drug policy reform, public education, health equity, and harm reduction initiatives.
Thanks for your contribution to MAPS!
Your tax-deductible contribution supports psychedelic science research, drug policy reform, public education, harm reduction, peer support, and our general operations.
Begin your psychedelic learning journey with MAPS
Our Psychedelic Fundamentals course is the perfect starting point for those considering psychedelic use, seeking information to support a loved one, or interested in how psychedelics work and what benefits they may provide.