Investigators: Jacques Mabit, Jaime Torres, Rosa Giove, Javier Zavala, Olga Celis
Takiwasi Center – Tarapoto, Peru
Sponsors: Self-financed, funding sought from the French government, European Union, and United Nations
Takiwasi has been doing research with substance abuse treatment for several years.
- Mabit J, Sieber C (2006) The Evolution of a Pilot Drug Treatment Program Using Ayahuasca. Shamans Drum Journal 73: 23-31
- Mabit, J (2007) Ayahuasca in the treatment of addiction. Chapter 6; In Hallucinogens and Health : New Evidence for Psychedelic Substances as Treatment (Vol 2) Ed. MJ. Winkelman & TB. Roberts; Greenwood Publishing Group; pp 87-105.
- “Itinerary and Testimony of Dr. Jacques Mabit, physician and shaman, a conversation with Frederique Appfel-Marglin, in INTERculture, Journal of the Intercultural Institute of Montreal, Issue No. 152, Identity and Religious Pluralism, Montral, Canada, April 2007.
- “Blending Traditions – Using Indigenous Medicinal Knowledge to Treat Drug Addiction” – Jacques Mabit, M.D., MAPS Bulletin, Vol. 12 No. 2, Summer 2002. [PDF version]
- “Ayahuasca and Shamanism in Addiction Therapy” – Michel Mabit, MAPS Bulletin, Vol. 6 No. 3, Summer 1996
- “The Takiwasi Patient’s Journey” – Michel Mabit, MAPS Bulletin, Vol. 6 No. 3., Summer 1996