In May 2017, MAPS raised $499,646 in new donations and pledges from 310 supporters. May 31 marked the end of the Fiscal Year.
On June 6, soon after the start of the new Fiscal Year, MAPS received a $1 million check from Dr. Bronner’s. This is their first gift in fulfilling their five-year $5 million pledge made last month during the Psychedelic Science 2017 conference.
MAPS is moving forward with its research on MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for the treatment of PTSD. Phase 3 studies will cost between $25-$35 million for both FDA and European Medicines Agency (EMA) approval. With $11 million in hand, there’s still a funding gap we need to close.
We extend a special thanks to those who so generously supported MAPS last month:
- Scorpio Rising Fund ($250,000)
- George Goldsmith & Katya Malievskaia ($25,000)
- Carey & Claudia Turnbull ($25,000)
- Jeffrey C. Crawford ($5,000)
- Nori Muster ($3,100)
- Paul & Emily Eastham ($3,000)
- Anonymous ($2,000)
- AmazonSmile Foundation ($1,810)
- Matthew London & Sylvia Wen ($1,000)
- Paul Kuhn, Jr. ($1,000)
MDMA/PTSD Phase 3 Studies
- Andrew Mason ($42,050)
- John Gilmore ($10,000)
- Naguib Sawiris ($5,000)
- The Thomas P. Waters Foundation ($3,000)
- Darius Contractor ($1,500)
- Britt Selvitelle ($1,000)
- Justin Rosenstein ($1,000)
- Hilary Silver ($1,000)
MAPS relies on the generosity of individual donors to achieve our mission. Psychedelic science is again being conducted under federal guidelines, but no funding for psychedelic psychotherapy research is yet available from governments or major foundations.
Help make MDMA a medicine by 2021 by starting a monthly gift of $10 or more. maps.org/donate