June 10 – 15, 2018
From the event website:
New ways to look at psychology and spirituality are offering exciting possibilities in the recovery movement, both for individual seekers and for those who work in the treatment field. This module explores a whole continuum, from the idea of addiction as an extreme form of attachment, which affects everyone and which is crucial to spiritual seekers of all practices, to the more articulate forms of addiction: substance, process, relationship, and more. Through theory, discussion and experiential exercises, we’ll look at:
- The disease paradigm of recovery;
- The wellness paradigm and the transpersonal recovery centre;
- Implications of perinatal and transpersonal dimensions for recovery;
- The 12 steps as a world yoga;
- Addiction as spiritual emergency;
- Addiction as shamanic crisis;
- Recovery as a mystery school;
- Psychedelics and recovery;
- Recovery and the feminine;
- Addiction from the homeopathic perspective;
- Recovery as death/rebirth;
- Addiction and the global crisis, and more.
Participants will have the opportunity to experience Holotropic Breathwork, a powerful approach to self-exploration, transformation, and healing that combines breathing, evocative music, and release work to explore the deeper dimensions of the psyche. This workshop will be useful to both laypersons and professionals seeking a more authentic and fulfilling lifestyle.
This will be a very experiential workshop. Besides the breathwork itself, all of the teaching is geared to participants having a direct experience of their own journey. We will work with dance, artwork, film, and other integration practices to engage the holotropic principles in a very personal, embodied way.
For more information, visit the event website.