Currently, we estimate $9-$10 million is needed for European Medicines Agency (EMA) trials to supplement the data gathered for the FDA. In May 2019, we reached our initial goal of $2 million raised for this program, facilitating the continuation of critical start-up activities for planned trials in multiple European countries.
In June 2019, MAPS raised $480,740 in new donations and pledges from 826 supporters. Of that amount, $179,256 was for general support, $301,164 for MDMA/PTSD Phase 3, and $319 for other MAPS programs.
We extend a special thanks to those who so generously supported MAPS last month:
- Adam Wiggins ($50,000)
- Claudine Liss ($10,000)
- Ramez Naam ($10,000)
- Scott Faber ($10,000)
- Anonymous ($7,764.29)
- Diva Nagula ($7,500)
- Anne Kiehl Friedman ($5,000)
- Ankush Gera ($5,000)
- Jason Tan ($5,000)
- Joe Polish ($5,000)
- Philip Rosedale ($5,000)
- Anonymous ($5,000)
- The Snider Foundation ($5,000)
- Vijay Chattha ($5,000)
- Jiri Techet ($3,000)
- David and Deborah Nabozny ($2,500)
- Steve Gehrman ($2,150)
- Grant Leonard ($1,100)
- Carey Scott ($1,000)
- Greg Logan ($1,000)
- Martin M. Smith ($1,000)
- Ronald Mis ($1,000)
- Sandeep Sood ($1,000)
- Vishal Gurbuxani ($1,000)
MDMA/PTSD Phase 3 Research:
- The Libra Foundation ($300,000)
MAPS fiscally sponsors like-minded organizations and projects. This list includes donors who have contributed $1,000+ to organizations we fiscally sponsor.
- Anonymous ($12,712.86 – Better Living Through Chemistry)
- Elyssa Kellerman ($11,500 – Aniwa)
- Eric and Wendy Day ($5,000 – The Psychedelic Therapist)
- TIDES Foundation ($5,000 – Prescription X, $2,500 – Chacruna)
- Oona Castilla Chaplin ($3,333 – Aniwa)
- David Bronner ($2,500 – Chacruna)
- New Place Fund ($2,000 – Prescription X)
- Archan Chamapun ($2,000 – PsyKia)
MAPS relies on the generosity of individual donors to achieve its mission. Psychedelic science is again being conducted under federal guidelines, but no funding for psychedelic psychotherapy research is yet available from governments or major foundations.
Help us reach our goal to make MDMA a medicine by 2021 by establishing a monthly gift of $10 or more. maps.org/donate
Learn how to include MAPS in your will or estate plans.
Learn more about hosting a Global Psychedelic Dinner to fundraise for MAPS.