May 16-17, 2020
From the event website:
This online 2-day training offered by psychologists Ingmar Gorman and Elizabeth Nielson is designed for clinicians and healthcare providers who want to learn more about current psychedelic research and clinical practice, including how to work with patients who have a history of psychedelic use or have expressed an interest in using psychedelics. This interactive training includes role plays, demonstrations, case examples, and experiential learning opportunities.
Psychedelics 101: Your patients are curious and so are you: What is all this about psychedelics being used for treatment of addiction and trauma? This session gives an overview of psychedelic drugs, their history, and current research with MDMA and Psilocybin-assisted therapy. This program includes an overview of recent and current clinical trials, outcomes, legal status, and what it all means for the future of addiction and trauma treatment.
- Discuss the historical justifications for psychedelic clinical research
- Describe key theoretical approaches to psychedelic-assisted therapy
- Discuss the state of psychedelic clinical research, rescheduling efforts, and how psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy works with clients
- Compare psychedelic integration psychotherapy to integration in peer and shamanic settings
Psychedelics 102: This day introduces clinical skills for psychedelic harm reduction and integration work in the clinical setting. This program focuses on translating research findings into clinical practice including working with patients who are considering using psychedelics, actually using psychedelics, or have used them. Includes discussion of assessment and integration techniques, resources, and legal and ethical issues.
- Assess clients for key “red flags” that indicate someone should seek specialized psychiatric care after a psychedelic experience
- Utilize principles of psychedelic-assisted therapy in a basic/initial assessment of clients who report psychedelic use
- List contraindications and discuss high risk cases of individuals who are contemplating psychedelic use
- Describe the role of the therapist in an individual’s integration psychotherapy process
Notes for this program:
This event will be held in the restored church at the Hotel Peter & Paul. The event ticket includes the training only. There is a cafe and restaurant at the hotel and another next door, however no catering or meals are included in the event price.
Discounted training prices are available for early registration and to attendees who also book a room at the hotel. Attendees who wish to purchase a ticket with lodging can do so through the Eventbrite page, please select a “with lodging” ticket and then a lodging option for either one or two nights. All Eventbrite fees and taxes are included in the listed prices.
This program will offer APA CE for Psychologists. We are working on offering CME, however our approval is not complete yet. Once approved for CME we will offer this to all registered attendees and add the option to this page for purchase as part of the ticket.
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
For more information, visit the event website.