In just over one month, we are halfway to our $10 million fundraising goal! Raising $5 million is tremendous progress and we are ever more motivated by this incredible show of support.
Throughout the 34-year history of MAPS, there has never been a more important fundraising initiative than the ongoing Capstone Challenge. Never before have we raised funds this quickly.
In 5 weeks, $5,386,764 has been donated by 1,945 supporters around the world to support the completion of funding FDA-regulated Phase 3 clinical trials of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), with tax-deductible gifts ranging in size from $1 to $1,000,000. We are deeply grateful for every gift.
We extend special thanks to donors who have committed $100,000 or more to the Capstone Challenge:
- Anonymous ($1,000,000)
- Anonymous ($750,000)
- Ryan and Maggie McKillen ($500,000)
- Peter Attia ($300,000)
- Justin Rosenstein ($300,000)
- George Goldsmith and Katya Malievskaia ($300,000)
- Will Sterling ($250,000)
- RiverStyx Foundation (200,000)
- David Balter ($200,000)
- Julie and Jeff Brody ($150,000)
- Inkinen Family ($135,000)
- Michael Pollack ($100,000)
- Evolve Foundation ($100,000)
- Simon Family ($100,000)
- Michael Sobeck ($100,000)
- Anonymous ($100,000)
- Emily Fairbairn ($100,000)
- Kevin Ryan and Pascaline Servan-Schreiber ($100,000)
- William H. Donner Family Foundation ($100,000)
The Capstone Campaign was launched by MAPS and Psychedelic Science Funders Collaborative (PSFC). We thank Tim Ferriss and the Psychedelic Science Funders Collaborative (PSFC) for generously organizing the $10 million challenge pledge funded by:
- Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation ($5 million)
- Tim Ferriss – Investor and Author ($1 million)
- James Bailey – Founder and Managing Partner, Bail Capital ($1 million)
- Peter Rahal – Founder, RxBar ($1 million)
- Blake Mycoskie – Founder and Chief Shoe Giver, TOMS ($1 million)
- John Griffin – Founder, Blue Ridge Capital ($1 million)
The Capstone Challenge was originally announced on The Tim Ferriss Show, the podcast hosted by bestselling author Tim Ferriss, on June 12, 2020.
We’re inspired by our donors who have chosen to publicly expand upon their support of the Challenge Campaign by writing original articles:
- At a pivotal moment for psychedelic medicine, a challenge for philanthropy
Published by Marc Gunther
- The Tim Ferriss Show: Rick Doblin — The Psychedelic Domino That Tips All Others (#440)
Published by Tim Ferriss
- Here’s a Very Unusual $10MM Bet…
Published by Tim Ferriss
- In support of compassion, freedom, and MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD
Published by Justin Rosenstein
With your help, we can raise the remaining $5 million needed to unlock the $10 million in challenge pledges, and finish funding the necessary activities to make MDMA-assisted psychotherapy a legal prescription treatment for people suffering from PTSD.