In July 2021, MAPS raised $96,301 in donations and pledges from over 1,375 supporters. Of this amount: $83,997 is for general support; $10,000 is for psychedelic elders projects; $1,000 is for LSD research; $966 is for MDMA-related projects; $228 is for psychedelic harm reduction and peer support; $100 is for ibogaine research; and $10 is for health equity.
We extend a special thank you to our monthly donors who contributed a total of $34,656 in July. Your support is vital in making our programs sustainable.
In addition to the funds raised in July, we gained support from two individuals in the form of a planned gift or bequest to MAPS. These planned gifts were made with the help ofFreeWill, a free online tool that allows U.S.-based individuals to plan a legacy gift for the non-profit of their choosing.
We are honored to support a number of like-minded organizations by providing fiscal sponsorship so that contributions for their social benefit projects consistent with our mission may be tax-deductible as allowed by law. An additional $83,801 was raised by organizations that we fiscally sponsor including: Grof Legacy Project USA ($55,025); Brooklyn Psychedelic Society ($16,608); The Psychedelic Renaissance ($5,714); People of Color Psychedelic Collective ($3,344); ICEERS ($1,440); Enthea ($1,000); EntheoWheel ($500); Bluelight ($123); The Psychedelic Therapist ($25); MAPS Canada ($20); and Kahpi ($2).
We extend a warm welcome to the newest member of MAPS’ fiscal sponsorship program:
The Ceiba Foundation supports therapeutic and spiritual experiences with ibogaine.Support the Ceiba Foundation today!
We appreciate donations of any size and are particularly grateful to the following supporters for their generous contributions of $1,000 or more:
- Amanda Crawford ($5,000)
- Connor Grooms ($5,000)
- Palo Santo Fund ($5,000)
- MUD\WTR ($2,000)
- Ben Friedmann ($1,800)
- Jiri Techet ($1,000)
- Joseph Baribeau ($1,000)
- Thomas Lumsden ($1,000)
- Tom Link and Kristi Kremers ($1,000)
- Anonymous (3) ($1,000)
Psychedelic Elders Project
- Federico Menapace and Carlotta Siniscalco ($10,000)
- Steven Schlansker ($1,000)
- Facebook (Speaker’s fee for Rick Doblin on a Facebook Live event with Jason Silva) ($15,000)
- Evolve Foundation ($50,000) – Grof Legacy Project USA
- Anonymous ($10,000) – Brooklyn Psychedelic Society
- Joseph Miller-Gamble ($5,000) – Brooklyn Psychedelic Society
- Pamela Stockton ($5,000) – Grof Legacy Project USA
- Anonymous ($1,500) – Brooklyn Psychedelic Society
- Anonymous ($1,500) – People of Color Psychedelic Collective
- Jennifer Phelps ($1,000) – Enthea
- Ann Harrison ($1,000) – ICEERS
- Anonymous ($1,000) – People of Color Psychedelic Collective
MAPS relies on the generosity of individual donors to achieve its mission. Psychedelic science is again being conducted under federal guidelines, but no funding for psychedelic therapy research is yet available from governments or major foundations.
Together, we can legalize psychedelic medicine.
Donate now at maps.org/donate. Learn how to include MAPS in your will or estate plans.