In August 2022, over 1,000 donors gave $275,636 in donations and pledges. We are so grateful to these supporters who advance our shared vision of creating safe and legal opportunities for the beneficial uses of psychedelics.
Donors supported the following initiatives in August: general support ($242,404); psychedelic elders projects ($20,000);health equity ($12,500); harm reduction ($384); and research-related projects ($348).
We extend a special thank you to our community of 874 monthly donors who contributed a total of $26,571 in August. Your support is vital in making our programs sustainable.
We are honored to support a number of mission-aligned organizations by providing fiscal sponsorship so that contributions for their social benefit projects may be tax-deductible as allowed by law. An additional $33,043 was donated to organizations that MAPS fiscally sponsors including: Empyrean Temple ($14,578); Alma Institute ($12,909); Instituto Phaneros ($5,000); Bluelight ($260); ICEERS ($191); People of Color Psychedelic Collective ($60); Aniwa ($25); MAPS Canada ($20).
We recognize that, for many of our supporters, the inspiration to support psychedelic science and education is close to their hearts. We are grateful to honor these special connections. August honorees include:
- Gerianne Pfeiffer
- Joshua Jones (in memoriam)
- Krysta Wykoff Sanchez
- Zac Van Scyoc (in memoriam)
We appreciate donations of any size and are particularly grateful to the following supporters for their generous contributions of $1,000 or more:
- V3 Phunks ($78,596)
- John Gilmore ($30,000)
- Joshua Davis ($30,000)
- Andrew Weil ($20,000)
- Anonymous ($20,000)
- William H. Donner Foundation ($20,000)
- John and Riley Pfeiffer ($2,000)
- Anonymous ($1,100)
- Drug Policy Forum of Texas ($1,000)
- Jiri Techet ($1,000)
- Kyle Shaw ($1,000)
- Sean Carr ($1,000)
- Tom Link and Kristi Kremers ($1,000)
- Fred J. Brotherton Charitable Foundation ($12,500)
Psychedelic Elders Projects
- Anonymous ($20,000)
- MJH Life Sciences ($2,250)
- Ani Achugbue ($5,000) – Alma Institute
- Anonymous ($5,000) – Empyrean Temple
- Patrick Brett ($5,000) – Instituto Phaneros
- Bridging Oregon Fund ($2,000) – Alma Institute
- Nelson Gonzalez ($1,500) – Empyrean Temple
- Asha Jadeja ($1,000) – Empyrean Temple
- Barbara Fisher ($1,000) – Alma Institute
- Christina Rosalie ($1,000) – Alma Institute
- Emma Knighton ($1,000) – Alma Institute
- Gregory Kieser ($1,000) – Alma Institute
Psychedelic research is again being conducted under federal guidelines, but significant government funding for such studies is just now becoming available with major foundations (not run by the founders) still not yet supporting this research.
Together, we can legalize psychedelic medicine. Donate now at maps.org/donate.