In September 2022, over 1,000 donors gave $305,708 in donations and pledges. We are so grateful to these supporters who advance our shared vision of creating safe and legal opportunities for the beneficial uses of psychedelics.
Donors supported the following initiatives in September: general support ($247,684); event sponsorship ($56,250); health equity ($1,021); harm reduction ($556); and research-related projects ($198).
We extend a special thank you to our community of 848 monthly donors who contributed a total of $24,931 in September. Your support is vital in making our programs sustainable.
We are honored to support a number of mission-aligned organizations by providing fiscal sponsorship so that contributions for their social benefit projects may be tax-deductible as allowed by law. An additional $63,024 was donated to organizations that MAPS fiscally sponsors including: ICEERS ($36,476); Alma Institute ($26,253); Brooklyn Psychedelic Society ($165); Bluelight ($35); Aniwa ($25); The Psychedelic Renaissance ($20); MAPS Canada ($20); Empyrean Temple ($20); People of Color Psychedelic Collective ($10).
We recognize that, for many of our supporters, the inspiration to support psychedelic science and education is close to their hearts. We are grateful to honor these special connections. September honorees include:
- Cameron Dubes
- Charles Phillips (in memoriam)
- Travis Lepper (in memoriam)
We appreciate donations of any size and are particularly grateful to the following supporters for their generous contributions of $1,000 or more:
- Toklas Philanthropy Labs, Inc. ($65,000)
- Rose Family Foundation Fund ($50,000)
- The Gardner Grout Foundation ($25,000)
- Anonymous ($20,000)
- The Bulova Stetson Fund ($20,000)
- Ann M. Duffer Family Foundation ($10,000)
- Anonymous ($10,000)
- Rollkit.net in partnership with Rollsafe.org ($3,085)
- Buckmaster Foundation ($3,000)
- Beth Kadlec ($2,000)
- Anonymous ($1,100)
- Ian Morich ($1,000)
- Jack Wolcowitz ($1,000)
- Jiri Techet ($1,000)
- Kelly Thooft ($1,000)
- Paul Corliss ($1,000)
- Steven B. Malkenson ($1,000)
- Tom Link and Kristi Kremers ($1,000)
- Chronic Pain Centre for Excellence for Canadian Veterans ($1,000)
Event Sponsorship – Psychedelic Science 2023
- Anonymous ($56,250)
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps ($30,000) – ICEERS
- Sandra Samberg ($25,000) – Alma Institute
- Friends of Holos ($4,776) – ICEERS
- Jeff Smith ($1,500) – ICEERS
Psychedelic research is again being conducted under federal guidelines, but significant government funding for such studies is just now becoming available with major foundations (not run by the founders) still not yet supporting this research.
Together, we can legalize psychedelic medicine. Donate now at maps.org/donate. Learn how to include MAPS in your will or estate plans.