Summary: Psychedelics Today hosts a discussion about the MDMA Therapy Training Program, featuring highlights from the recent group training hosted by MAPS in New York. The conversation explores how much preparation is required for upcoming Phase 3 studies of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Originally appearing here.
Kyle recently had the great opportunity to attend one module of the MAPS MDMA Therapy sessions. In this episode we talk about the experience at the workshop and about some other valuable topics as well. Let us know what you think, and please leave a review on iTunes!
- Details on Phase Three studies for MDMA therapy
- Oceanic\Manic symptoms vs “real” mania
- Patients expressing religious material showing up in sessions
- Measurement tools (CAP Score)
- Similarities between this MAPS method and the Grof model
- MDMA taking down the fear response and allowing patients to access difficult material
- Watching hours of video as a training method for MDMA psychotherapy
- Timelines for legalization
- How to apply the scientific method to the music used in MDMA therapy
- How to get ready for the legalization for MDMA therapy