As a non-profit organization focused on strengthening mental health services, MAPS is committed to protecting the safety of our study staff and clinical trial participants.
We are taking active measures to minimize the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus and adhere to physical distancing. As a result of this initiative, all of our clinical trials enrolling healthy volunteer participants are temporarily postponed. For our clinical trials treating participants with PTSD, the risks and benefits of ongoing participation for the current participants and study staff are constantly being weighed and determined on a case-by-case basis. All visits that can be conducted remotely are being done using teleconferencing. At this time, about half of our study sites are continuing with in-person day-long experimental sessions with MDMA or placebo, although this number is likely to decrease if the risk of exposure and public health interventions continues to increase. New enrollment of participants is temporarily on hold, and focus is being shifted to clinical trial protocols which can be done entirely by online visits.
- Quarantine Care Package – José F. Mata, L.M.F.T.
- Somatic Centering Practice – Sumitra Rajkumar
- Compassion in the Time of Coronavirus – Jack Kornfield
- Managing in the Midst of COVID-19 – Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- Not Losing Our Minds and Hearts When We Most Need Them: Mindfulness, Healing, and Wisdom in a Time of COVID-19 – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- When the COVID-19 Pandemic Leaves Clients Feeling Helpless – Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- COVID-19 Anxiety, Cultivating Safeness, and Polyvagal Theory – Stephen Porges, Ph.D.
- A Zen Master's Tips for Staying Sane During Challenging Times
- Staying Physically Active During Self-Quarantine
- How to Protect Your Mental Health During Quarantine
- COVID Calm: Stress Management for Health Care Professionals
- Coronavirus Online Therapy: Free and Low Fee Online Therapy Sessions
Our mission to maximize mental health and public benefit is more important than ever before. Despite these trying times, we will continue to lead the way in offering high-quality psychedelic research and education.