Summary: The Lucid Planet with Dr. Kelly Neff hosts MAPS Founder Rick Doblin, Ph.D., for a discussion about the upcoming year of psychedelic research, highlighting the Psychedelic Science 2017 conference and preparations for Phase 3 clinical trials of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD.
Originally appearing here.
Rick Doblin is the founder and Executive Director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines. Currently MAPS is preparing for FDA-approved Phase 3 Clinical Trials examining the safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), these are the final round of studies before requesting approval as a FDA-approved treatment, which is anticipated for 2021.
In today’s show, we hope discuss a wide range of topics in the field of psychedelic medicine, including:
- Therapeutic applications of psychedelics & marijuana
- Creative, spiritual and personal growth potential of psychedelics & marijuana
- Regulatory challenges of studying schedule 1 substances
- Tiimeline for MDMA-assisted psychotherapy approval as a prescription treatment
- Psychedelic harm reduction and moving toward a post-prohibition world
- The Psychedelic Science 2017 conference, a six-day international gathering featuring three days of conference programming, three full days of workshops, the top experts in the field, and so much more.