Canada: The New MAPS Frontier
Dear MAPS Members and Supporters,
Time is running out on our early registration rates for Psychedelic Science in the 21st Century. I urge you to save money and register before the end of the year.
We are trying a new communication strategy and we invite your feedback. In the past we’ve sent you one long email newsletter each month that details all of our developments. We are testing out sending shorter more frequent emails that highlight a few organizational developments, provide links to our website where we have updated our projects, and emphasize activities that we think will interest you as a MAPS supporter. Please let us know what you think.
MAPS Communications and Marketing Director
Here are some of MAPS’ highlights from the past several weeks:
- Tickets are now available for pre- and post-conference workshops with Stanislav Grof, M.D., Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Michael Mithoefer, M.D., Annie Mithoefer, B.S.N., Alex and Allyson Grey, David Nichols, Ph.D., Franz Vollenweider, M.D., and Ann Harrison and Carolyn “Mountain Girl” Garcia of the Women’s Visionary Congress.
- We’ve launched our online holiday auction.
- We are creating MAPS Canada to fill the needs of our Canadian supporters.
- We had a wonderfully successful fundraiser in Vancouver, BC.
- Health Canada has placed new hurdles in front of our Canadian MDMA/PTSD project, which has pushed back our start date.
- Executive Director Rick Doblin, Ph.D. spoke at Google Campus.
- Our MDMA therapist-training protocol was resubmitted to an IRB with responses to the IRB’s prior critique.
- We’ve contracted a new expert to work on our MDMA/PTSD treatment manual.
- Our Swiss LSD study has enrolled its sixth subject and has been renewed by SwissMedic for another year.
- Our Jordanian MDMA/PTSD study has been insured and is being submitted for review by an IRB.
- We are exploring collaborating on a new study of medical marijuana for the treatment of PTSD in veterans of war.
- Prof. Craker’s attorneys filed a fourth status update in the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Our vaporizer research project has been put on hold.
- The MAPS winter Bulletin has been mailed to MAPS members.
- We’re pleased to welcome Berra Yazar-Klosinski, Ph.D. Candidate to our staff as our new Clinical Research Associate.
- We have received a pledge of $100,000 from an anonymous donor. The donor wished for us to give a grant to the Wo/Mens Alliance for Medical Marijuana (WAMM). We have passed on $5000 to help WAMM move to a sustainable not-for-profit collective model. We are happy to take more donations restricted to WAMM.
MAPS 309 Cedar Street #2323 Santa Cruz, CA 95060-9989 tel: 831-429-MDMA (6362) fax: 831-429-6370
|unsubscribe||www.maps.org||become a MAPS member|