In July 2022, over 1,800 donors gave $118,297 in donations and pledges. We are so grateful to these supporters who advance our shared vision of creating safe and legal opportunities for the beneficial uses of psychedelics.
Donors supported the following initiatives in June: general support ($115,296); research-related projects ($2,378); harm reduction ($603); and health equity ($20).
We extend a special thank you to our community of 846 monthly donors who contributed a total of $25,157 in July. Your support is vital in making our programs sustainable.
We are honored to support a number of mission-aligned organizations by providing fiscal sponsorship so that contributions for their social benefit projects may be tax-deductible as allowed by law. An additional $233,411 was donated to organizations that MAPS fiscally sponsors including: Empyrean Temple ($143,484); Ligare ($60,000); CIT Clinics ($10,000); Ayahuasca Diaries ($6,000); Alma Institute ($3,685); Pearl Psychedelic Institute ($72); People of Color Psychedelic Collective ($60); North Star Project ($50); Aniwa ($25); MAPS Canada ($20); and Bluelight ($15).
We recognize that, for many of our supporters, the inspiration to support psychedelic science and education is close to their hearts. We are grateful to honor these special connections. July honorees include:
- Eric Stanley Nussbaum (in memoriam)
- John McKeown
We appreciate donations of any size and are particularly grateful to the following supporters for their generous contributions of $1,000 or more:
- Adam Wiggins ($50,000)
- Nigol Koulajian ($25,000)
- Anonymous ($1,100)
- Jack Wolcowitz ($1,000)
- Jiri Techet ($1,000)
- Myyco Inc. ($1,000)
- Steven Charles Schlansker ($1,000)
- J-P Conte Family Foundation – Empyrean Temple ($60,000)
- James P. Marsh, Jr. – Ligare ($60,000)
- Spencer Kimball Family Foundation – Empyrean Temple ($36,000)
- Angel Mehta – Special Restriction ($10,000)
- David Heiser – Empyrean Temple ($10,000)
- Pascal and Su Mittermaier – CIT Clinics ($10,000)
- Julia Laquer – Empyrean Temple ($9,999)
- Anonymous – Empyrean Temple ($5,938)
- Satish and Smita Dharmraj – Empyrean Temple ($5,000)
- William H. Donner Foundation – Ayahuasca Diaries ($5,000)
- Heather Lord – Empyrean Temple ($3,000)
- Robert Stanley – Alma Institute ($2,500)
- Jesse Grushack – Empyrean Temple ($1,862)
- Anonymous – Empyrean Temple ($1,500)
- Claudine Liss – Ayahuasca Diaries ($1,000)
- Mark Achbar – Empyrean Temple ($1,000)
- Sydney Bogan – Alma Institute ($1,000)
Psychedelic research is again being conducted under federal guidelines, but significant government funding for such studies is just now becoming available with major foundations (not run by the founders) still not yet supporting this research.
Together, we can legalize psychedelic medicine. Donate now at maps.org/donate. Learn how to include MAPS in your will or estate plans.